Park Inn

A victim of the road widening at the dawn of the twentieth century, when the first Drake Circus was created as an island development with the then newly created Tavistock Place running down its eastern side, the Park Inn had previously stood on the corner of Garden Street and Park Street.

After the original Drake Circus complex had been created and new tram lines laid down, Garden Street ceased to exist and Park Street lost its eastern end. Today, of course, Park Street too has been lost, while the location of the old Park Inn is buried beneath the entrance to the current Drake Circus car park.


1856 - John Haynes
1862 - William Lethbridge
1867 - James Edmonds
1870 - Thomas Morris
1880 - Mrs A Lee
1893 - Mrs Mary Triplett
1895 - Mrs C Bowden
1903 - EF Palmer